Cinnamon Roll is a baked pastrt made with a rolled sheet of yeast-leavened dough onto which a cinnamon, raisins and sugar mixture is sprinkled over a thin coat of butter where it is rolled, portioned and baked to perfection.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and margarine, salt, eggs, milk and yeast mixture. Once evenly mixed knead the dough in a floured board. Form into a large ball then place in a bowl covered in cling wrap. Place in a warm place and let it rise for 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- Remove dough from the bowl, deflate and roll into a floured surface until it reaches 24 x 16 inches in dimension. The thickness should be around 1/4 inch.
- Prepare the filling by mixing brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spread the softened margarine over the top of the flattened dough, sprinkle the cinnamon mixture and raisins.
- Now start rolling starting on the 24 inch side until the end then cut into 2 inch slices. Place in a greased pan and set it aside for 30 more minutes letting it slightly rise again.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 200C pre-heated oven.
- Prepare the icing by mixing all of the ingredients using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- When rolls are cooked, top it with icing and let it cool.
Super recipe for cinnamon rolls.
i do.. i love the smell of cinnamon in whatever form…
Your cinnamon rolls went great with my coffee this morning–admiring them in your post was the lower calorie option 😉
Great shot! Those turned out beautifully!
I get a little nauseous being around mediocre cinnamon rolls after working next to a mall chain where they made them for like a year and smelling it all of the time. However, with delicious homemade cinnamon rolls without the high fructose corn syrup congealed all over I still melt a little inside. I like mine with raisins!
WOW these cinnamon rolls look DELICIOUS Raymund!! My kids would be happy if I made these… I love the icing on top…
Looks wonderful! I can almost smell them just looking at your picture! 🙂 Wish I could have one for breakfast right now! 🙂
My heart is racing, my mouth is watering, and I got a smile on my face all because of this post. I ADORE Cinnamon Rolls. I’ve been scared to make them by hand though. I may have to try out your recipe 😉
Oh my, those look so yummy! Love the photo!
I know I LOVE the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. They’re definitely my weakness. Yours look fantastic!
I might have to make these so that I can make our apartment smell of baking bread and cinnamon – yummy !
Your cinnamon rolls look delicious! I love the smell too of course 🙂
My my, what a gorgeous roll with cinnamon, sent some over to me Raymund.
I can’t wait for the fall to come, I want to bake lots of cinnamon rolls! I favorited it on foodgawker! 🙂
I just tried your recipe, I am still baking it right now and it was a success, thanks for sharing the recipe, my house smells spectacular while baking it!!! 🙂
Thanks for trying it out 🙂