Cinnamon Roll is a baked pastrt made with a rolled sheet of yeast-leavened dough onto which a cinnamon, raisins and sugar mixture is sprinkled over a thin coat of butter where it is rolled, portioned and baked to perfection.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and margarine, salt, eggs, milk and yeast mixture. Once evenly mixed knead the dough in a floured board. Form into a large ball then place in a bowl covered in cling wrap. Place in a warm place and let it rise for 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- Remove dough from the bowl, deflate and roll into a floured surface until it reaches 24 x 16 inches in dimension. The thickness should be around 1/4 inch.
- Prepare the filling by mixing brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spread the softened margarine over the top of the flattened dough, sprinkle the cinnamon mixture and raisins.
- Now start rolling starting on the 24 inch side until the end then cut into 2 inch slices. Place in a greased pan and set it aside for 30 more minutes letting it slightly rise again.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 200C pre-heated oven.
- Prepare the icing by mixing all of the ingredients using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- When rolls are cooked, top it with icing and let it cool.