Roast Beef Salad Wraps
Wraps are becoming a popular alternative to sandwiches even fast-food like McDonalds and KFC offer wraps nowadays. It is a very popular food item here in New Zealand and Australia not sure though for Europe and North American countries. The wrap was inspired by the Mexican burritos and had originated from California where it was first seen in a food chain called “I love juicy” during the 1980’s.
Wraps are the best way to enjoy sandwich without the mess as everything is contained in tight wrapped bread with a perfect size just right for each bite. You can use any filling you want but for best results the use of dry ingredients is recommended such as salads greens, cold cuts and cheese. For this post we will be using roast beef, lettuce, fetal cheese and carrots.
10 flour tortillas
carrots, thinly sliced
ice berg lettuce
1 cup sour cream
1 large avocado
- In a pan heat flour tortillas individually. Once heated, place in top of a cling wrap.
- Place in the middle of the tortilla 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tbsp of feta cheese, carrots and roast beef. Roll the wraps and tighten it with the cling wrap like similar to using a sushi mat to a sushi. Once tight enough, twist the sides to further compress what’s inside.
- Set it aside for a while and let it mould to shape.
- Once ready, cut both ends with a really sharp knife and cut the wrap in half.
- Prepare the dip by placing the avocado, sour cream and salt in a blender. Blend until it’s smooth.
- Place wraps on plate and serve with avocado dip.
Your wraps look really good – I love the avo dip that you serve with them.
Wraps are still in in the U.S. Not sure about Mexico or Canada.:) I love the avocado sauce on this.
Love the creativity of the photo, well done! Wraps are an easy meal, we’ve even begun using butter lettuce for our wraps instead of tortillas–very good.
Yummy. I love wraps 🙂 I like you presentation too 🙂
Yummy Raymund but will just leave the beef away.
I will have to try this. It looks so pretty – minus the avocado though. Dang allergies!
Awww, but look at the bright side its only avocadoes or is it not.
Oh my gosh, yum! This avocado sauce looks to-die-for.
I love a good wrap and these roast beef wraps you’ve made look absolutely delicious. I am hungry now… very hungry lol.
I love taking wraps to work for my lunch- these look really yummy! And the avocado sauce looks perfect with them. 🙂
i love how you presented this recipe.. from the introduction down to the picture 🙂
This looks so delicious. Plus, it’s easy to prepare! 🙂
I’m excited to try the sauce!