Seafood Udon is a very light but flavourful noodle dish that is a must try for seafood lovers. I still remember the first time I tried this one it was in Mövenpick – Marche restaurant in Hong Kong’s Victoria Peak, and since then I fell in love with this dish. Funny enough that this is a Japanese dish but I had tried it in a Swiss restaurant.
- Cook udon noodles according to instructions then set aside.
- In a pot add the water and dashi stock, bring it to a boil.
- While stock is boiling add mussels, once they open remove it with slotted spoon then set aside.
- Add the shrimps, salmon and scallops into the boiling stock then remove them using a slotted spoon once cooked. This will take a few seconds.
- Add the sake and mirin then simmer for 3 minutes. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place cooked udon noodles in bottom of a soup bowl then place the cooked seafood and a handful of spring onions on top. Pour boiling broth then serve with chilli flakes and shredded nori sheets.