- 400 g shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- Prepare a pot of boiling water with 1 tbsp salt then add broccoli florets for 1 minute. Remove and drain broccoli then place in a bowl of cold water. This stops the cooking process and makes the vegetables crisp and vibrant.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok then add shrimp, garlic, ginger and onions, stir fry until shrimps turn pink. Using a slotted spoon remove shrimps then set aside.
- Add broccoli and cashews then stir fry for 30 seconds in high heat, mix chicken stock, Chinese cooking wine and cornstarch in a separate container until free of lumps then pour into the wok. Bring to a rapid boil until sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimps back together with sesame oil and sugar, mix well then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.