Butter chicken or Murgh Makhani as they called it India is a popular Indian dish that originated from the province of Punjab. This wonderful dish is made out of chicken cooked in a creamy sauce
- 800 g boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp of turmeric
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup thick cream (room temperature)
- sugar or sweetener of choice
- In a large bowl combine turmeric, dash of salt, yogurt and chicken. Place in a covered container and marinate for at least 24 hours.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté onions until golden brown
- Add garlic, ginger paste and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and marinated chicken together with the marinade, stir and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add garam masala, sugar (2 tbsp or according to sweetness you like you can add more later), chili powder, coriander, and cumin
- Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Pour in thick cream, mix well and season with salt.