Fettuccine all’Amatriciana is an type of Italian pasta known for its hot and spicy flaour, it is prepared with guanciale, tomato sauce and chillies
- Nick the tomatoes on all sides and place it in boiling water for 30 seconds (This will make the peeling process easier). Now drain then peel the tomatoes.
- Chop the peeled tomatoes then set aside.
- Now cook the fettuccine according to packet instructions. When cooked, drain then set aside.
- Prepare a heavy pan, add olive oil then add the pancetta and bacon, wait for it to brown on one side before turning. Once crisp and brown remove it from pan then set aside.
- Now sauté the garlic and onions then stir until the onions becomes soft and translucent. Add celery and cayenne and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock bring to a boil then cook the tomatoes until the liquid is reduced in a thick consistency.
- Now add the cooked pasta and mix evenly, add the pan fried bacon and pancetta give it a good mix then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from pan then serve.