Turon or Banana Lumpia is a Philippine snack that is made out of cardaba / saba bananas and jackfruit wrapped in spring roll wrapper and deep fried
- 8 pcs saba bananas
- 1/2 cup jackfruit, sliced
- 8 pcs spring roll wrapper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cut a peeled banana lengthwise in half.
- Roll the sliced bananas in brown sugar to coat them lightly with brown sugar, set aside coated bananas.
- Lay down the spring roll wrapper then place half of the saba banana, 3 slices of jackfruit then the other half of the saba banana. Start rolling the wrapper until halfway, fold the left and right edges, continue rolling then secure it on the other end by damping it with water.
- In a wok pour enough oil for deep frying, then add remaining brown sugar. Heat oil in medium heat and once the brown sugar melts and rises to the top carefully place the wrapped bananas.
- Deep fry turon until it turns golden brown and coated with the melted sugar.
- Remove from wok, drain excess oil then serve.