Tapsilog in tagalog is a mixture of 3 different food items, Tap for Tapa which is a fried beef marinated in vinegar and garlic, Si for Sinigang which is a simple garlic fried rice and Log for Itlog which means egg. There are a lot of food items like this in the Philippines and here are some:
Garlic Fried Rice
- Heat up the pan and add oil, in a medium heat add garlic and fry it until its golden brown and crunchy
- Add rice and stir fry until the rice is coated with the garlic flavoured oil, this will take around 10 minutes
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients excluding beef in a bowl.
- Slice the beef into 2 x 3 inch pieces and soak with the mixture
- Marinate for at least a day.
- Remove beef from marinade and pat dry with paper towel
- Heat up the pan add oil and fry the beef pieces until outside is crunchy on both sides.
Prepare a sunny side up egg, atchara, chopped tomatoes and plate the items together like in the picture attached, it is best served with a white vinegar with crushed garlic dip.