If there is a brownie, then there should be a blondie. Blondie is similar to brownie but it has less or no chocolate at all as the dominant flavour in this sweet treat is brown sugar. Handling and preparing blondie is nearly similar to brownie, even the ingredients that you can add on like nuts, chocolate chips and toffee.
Now this is a recipe for a basic blondie, adding stuff to it is easy so I would leave it for your own creative mind to have your own variation.
2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup margarine, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease up an 8×14 rectangular pan or equivalent.
- Mix together the melted margarine and sugar in a bowl until creamy then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Add the flour, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to an even consistency
- Place into the pan and spread evenly, bake for 20-25 minutes then let it cool down before serving.
Your Blondies look superb and I like that you change them by adding different ingredients.
I love brownies/blondies but I don’t think I ever made them. Maybe today is the day:)
Mmm, I’d like mine with ice cream and caramel sauce, please. 😀
I love the simplicity… it really lets all the flavors shine through!
At first glance I wasn’t sure if this was corn bread or something else (you can tell my family is from the south lol). But I’ve never heard of a Blondie before but if it’s similar to my all time fav brownie, then I will try it lol. Wonderful post as usual.
You bake?! Who knew. This looks yummy, soft and just how it should be. Have a great weekend!
Looks delicious. You know, strangely, I have never eaten a Blondie…always seen it but always dive straight for the chocolate. I have to try this one!