Cheesy Zucchini and Roasted Capsicum Muffin
Last Thursday, I came home and saw these goodies. I initially thought it was a sweet treat but after having a bite I was surprised it was savoury. If I knew before hand that it was not sweet I might not try it as I don’t like savoury muffins but I guess I was thankful that I had tried it as I will not know that it will taste really good, I guess it’s the cheese and roasted capsicum combination. So since then this was my breakfast for the next 3 days, I really enjoyed it especially with a melting butter.
2 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 red capsicum, roasted and finely chopped
3 tbsp chives, chopped
100g tasty cheese, grated
25g parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup cream
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl sift flour and sugar together.
- Now add zucchini, cheese, capsicum and chives then mix well
- Now make a well in the centre of the mixture then and add eggs, cream and oil. Combine everything in the middle and make sure it’s mixed evenly.
- Place muffin cups into a muffin tray then place a scoopful of the mixture on each cup.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.