Mongolian barbecue is a very simple dish which is made by stir frying an array of vegetables and thinly sliced meats over a very hot griddle, it is then flavoured with different sauces such as teriyaki, soy sauce, oyster sauce, adobo sauce and/or other Asian sauces.
- 250 g beef tenderloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 250 g pork shoulder chops, thinly sliced
- 250 g deboned chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 large cabbage, chopped into strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 stalk leeks, chopped into strips
- 2 large carrots, chopped into strips
- 1 cup peanuts, pounded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- Prepare a very hot griddle and grease it with a small amount of oil. Now place all meat ingredients, garlic and ginger then quickly mix together to avoid burning.
- Once meat is brown in colour, add the remaining ingredients, continuously mix together until cooked.
- Serve while hot with rice.