Bagoong Fried Rice is a type of fried rice flavoured with bagoong and cooked with crispy fried pork, scrambled eggs and a nearly ripe mangoes,
- 5 cups cold leftover rice
- 2 cups pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2–3 tbsp bagoong (shrimp paste)
- 2 pcs semi ripe mangoes, sliced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl marinate cubed pork belly in salt, freshly ground black pepper and sesame oil for at least 30 minutes in room temperature.
- Prepare a hot wok with 2 tbsp oil, add pork and fry until golden brown in colour. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add garlic and fry until golden brown in colour.
- Add rice and bagoong, mix well until rice is coated evenly with the shrimp paste. Stir fry continuously for 3 minutes, push rice to the side pour beaten eggs, once eggs are cooked mix it with the rice separating them to pieces as you mix. Continue to stir fry for a minute then add the cooked pork and spring onions, mix to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in plate then top with sliced mangoes.