Lumpia is a type of Filipino spring rolls filled with minced pork and/or shrimps along with other vegetables like carrots, cabbage, mushrooms and onions served on its own or with sweet chilli sauce.
- 500g pork mince, around 20% fat content
- 500g shrimps, chopped
- 8 pcs dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in 1 cup water then chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 40 pcs lumpia wrapper
- sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl mix thoroughly pork mince, mushroom, shrimps, salt, cornstarch, sesame oil and 1/4 cup of the water used for soaking the mushrooms.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the mixture in a lumpia wrapper, then wrap tightly. To wrap the mixture place wrapper in a flat surface in a diamond shape one end pointing at you, place the spoonful of meat mixture around 2 inches from the pointed end near to your side, now pick up the pointed edge and start rolling, once the mixture is covered fold the two ends inwards then continue rolling until you consumed the whole wrapper, damp the tip with water to seal.
- Place wrapped lumpia in a freezer before cooking for best results.
- Directly from freezer, Deep fry lumpia for 8-10 minutes or until lumpia is cooked
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.