Meat Lovers Pizza
Another pizza post but now it’s for the boys (and everyone who loves meat)! Meat Lovers Pizza, mostly meat and no veggies, what’s even better is that we will make it hot and spicy so it goes well with ice-cold beer.
For this recipe I will be using flavourful meats such as bacon rashers, smoked ham and spanish chorizo. We will be also using red onions, paprika and cayenne pepper to give it a good hot and spicy taste to it then finishing it with 3 types of cheese which is Colby, parmesan and mozzarella.
Ingredients (Pizza Crust)
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/3 cup water, Warm
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry oregano leaves
1 cup water, cold
3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup for dusting
1 1/2 tbsp corn oil
1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup cornmeal (or ground corn chips)
olive oil for greasing the pan
bacon, cut into squares (as many as you like)
smoked ham, cut into squares (as many as you like)
Spanish chorizo, sliced in an angle (as many as you like)
pepperoni (as many as you like)
ground beef (as many as you like)
1 cup grated Colby cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 large red onions, finely chopped
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
freshly ground black pepper
- Mix yeast and 1 tsp sugar on warm water, set aside until very bubbly.
- Now combine the rest of the ingredients for the crust but using only 1 1/2 cup of flour with the yeast mixture. Mix with a spatula until it forms a batter.
- Now slowly add the remaining flour and start kneading in a floured surface (don’t knead the dough too much that the texture is tough)
- Now place it in a big greased bowl and cover it with a cling wrap, make sure it will handle twice the size of the dough. Place in a warm location (I usually place it in an oven preheated to 60C then turned off) for around 45 minutes or until it doubled the size.
- Once doubled, remove from container, deflate and continue to knead, flatten using a rolling-pin make sure the thickness is no greater than 5mm, place it in a well-greased pan, brush with oil and dust with corn meal.
- Place your toppings brushing the dough with olive oil initially, then placing Colby cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella and finishing it with the remaining ingredients. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Place in a preheated over at 230C for 25 to 25 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust.