Meat Lovers Pizza
Another pizza post but now it’s for the boys (and everyone who loves meat)! Meat Lovers Pizza, mostly meat and no veggies, what’s even better is that we will make it hot and spicy so it goes well with ice-cold beer.
For this recipe I will be using flavourful meats such as bacon rashers, smoked ham and spanish chorizo. We will be also using red onions, paprika and cayenne pepper to give it a good hot and spicy taste to it then finishing it with 3 types of cheese which is Colby, parmesan and mozzarella.
Ingredients (Pizza Crust)
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/3 cup water, Warm
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry oregano leaves
1 cup water, cold
3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup for dusting
1 1/2 tbsp corn oil
1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup cornmeal (or ground corn chips)
olive oil for greasing the pan
bacon, cut into squares (as many as you like)
smoked ham, cut into squares (as many as you like)
Spanish chorizo, sliced in an angle (as many as you like)
pepperoni (as many as you like)
ground beef (as many as you like)
1 cup grated Colby cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 large red onions, finely chopped
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
freshly ground black pepper
- Mix yeast and 1 tsp sugar on warm water, set aside until very bubbly.
- Now combine the rest of the ingredients for the crust but using only 1 1/2 cup of flour with the yeast mixture. Mix with a spatula until it forms a batter.
- Now slowly add the remaining flour and start kneading in a floured surface (don’t knead the dough too much that the texture is tough)
- Now place it in a big greased bowl and cover it with a cling wrap, make sure it will handle twice the size of the dough. Place in a warm location (I usually place it in an oven preheated to 60C then turned off) for around 45 minutes or until it doubled the size.
- Once doubled, remove from container, deflate and continue to knead, flatten using a rolling-pin make sure the thickness is no greater than 5mm, place it in a well-greased pan, brush with oil and dust with corn meal.
- Place your toppings brushing the dough with olive oil initially, then placing Colby cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella and finishing it with the remaining ingredients. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Place in a preheated over at 230C for 25 to 25 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust.
This looks deeelicious ! Gotta love a meatlovers pizza – and yours doesn’t come smothered in icky sweet BBQ sauce. Think you lose the flavours of the meat then. YUM I feel like pizza now.
Yeah I agree I also hate those BBQ sauce in pizza
I could eat pizza anytime and this one looks delish!
Man, this pizza is right up my boyfriend’s alley! He loves all the meats!
Meatzza Pizza 🙂
My boyfriend would also be all over this (not the vegetarian here haha)
I do like a spicy pizza though, I always add cayenne or black pepper!
Been meaning to come by and say hi ever since you commented on my blog post about rugelach. Love the look of this meat-eater’s pizza. Just the type my hubby and I would love. The food on this blog looks delicious. Have to take a longer look around.
In response to your comment on my blog – my friend’s mom was the judge and you can read about it here (http://omgyummy.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/bake-for-the-memories/) but I would love for you to make them and judge for yourself. Let me know what you think. I would welcome another judgement day from my readers!
This pizza is really loaded! I would love to have a slice of it!
Mmm, this looks delicious! I’ll have a slice (or five), please! 😆
I will take a cheese lovers one! 😉