- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together. Put aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler not touching simmering water. Stirring frequently over low heat. Add 1 cup of sugar and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat then add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and mix remaining sugar together. Once combined pour into the bowl of chocolate mixture gradually, stirring gently with a spoon or spatula.
- Once the eggs and chocolate mixture completely combined gradually fold in dry ingredients. DON’T OVER MIX! Spread walnuts on top if desire.
- Pour the mixture into a non-grease baking pan. Bake for 28-35 mins in a preheated 180 C.
- Transfer on a rack to cool and cut into squares. Serve.