Plaice in Chorizo Lemon Butter Sauce
Plaice is a type of flatfish which is common in German and Danish cuisine. It is used in sandwiches and fish and chips variants. This fish is white and very tender, cooks easily and has that light flavour.
I havent tried this fish before and will cook it for the first time. I was just curious as I saw this on our local fish monger which made me buy it and make a dish out of it. Since the flavour and texture of this fish is delicate, the idea of adding chorizo will not just enhance it but give it a bit of texture, we also baste it in butter lemon sauce to remove that fishy taste and smell. A good replacement for sole fish and flounders, but if this fish is not available from where you are you can use any similar delicate flavoured fish.
4 pcs Plaice, gutted and cleaned
2 pcs chorizo, chopped
2 stalks spring onions, chopped
1 juice of large lemon
freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan place butter and chorizo. Using low heat melt butter and cook the chorizos.
- Preheat oven to 200C, Grease a baking pan then place fish that is seasoned with salt and pepper, baste it with melted butter then bake for 10 minutes.
- Now put the lemon juice and spring onions on the chorizo and butter pan, simmer then turn off.
- Open the oven, then baste it again with the butter sauce, close the oven and bake for more minutes.
- Remove from oven, then top with the remaining sauce. season with freshly ground pepper.