Spicy Prawns and Salmon Fettuccine
This was our dinner last Sunday and it was made out of left over ingredients, usually when I do free style cooking I always end up making a fried rice or stir fried veggies but I barely cook pasta but today I guess I have the right leftover ingredients to start with. Some of my ingredients that I found in the fridge are salmon, prawns, red capsicum and a mix of yellow (a sweeter variant). Having those ingredients alone feels like the dish will be a bit bland so the best way to bring the flavour up with this delicate ingredients is putting some spice to it like cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and tarragon which will enhance the flavour of our salmon.
So without further introduction here is what I called “Spicy Prawns and Salmon Fettuccine”! And I forgot this was really really good and you have to try it, trust me!
2 thick salmon steaks, cubed
6 yellow tomatoes, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
2 cups seafood stock
1/2 cup white wine
1 stalk parsley, chopped
1 tsp dried tarragon
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 small shallots, minced
freshly ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine as per packet instructions, set aside.
- In a heavy pan add olive oil and sear salmon cubes on each side. Once all cooked set aside.
- Using the same pan add butter and saute garlic and onions, cook onions until soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add seafood stock, tarragon, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, white wine and salt (according to your liking), bring to a boil and reduce liquid.
- Add capsicums and prawns cook for a minute.
- Add pasta make sure you give the pasta an even coating.
- Toss in the salmon, turn of the heat and season with freshly ground black pepper.