Yang Chow or Yeung Chow, Yang Zhou Chao Fan or Nasi Goreng Cina is a popular very popular Chinese fried rice served in take aways and restaurants in Philippines, New Zealand, North America, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, it’s a complete meal in one with veggies, carbohydrates and meat in one plate.
This dish is one of our staple dishes as it can be prepared really quick as long as you have left over rice in the fridge, using a newly cooked rice is not advisable as it will tend to be sticky rather than separated to each other. This is one of those dishes that we cook if were in a hurry or we don’t have enough time for a fancy meal, I guess the time from preparation to serving is around 10 minutes. SO for those people whose time is precious but wanted to have a good home cooked meal try this one out!
5 cups cold cooked rice
3 large eggs
1 cup squid balls, cubed (small)
1 1/2 cup roast pork belly, cubed (small)
1 cup medium shrimp shelled
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp chicken powder
ground black pepper
- Add oil in a wok until the surface is completely covered.
- Add squid balls and pork belly then stir fry until squid balls are cooked.
- Add rice and corn then stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Place rice on the side of the wok and pour in eggs, scramble and mix thoroughly.
- Once eggs are cooked mix it with the rice then add shrimps, spring onions and chicken powder.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.