- 3 large pork leg, get the fatty one and dont worry that will melt away when we bake it.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1.5 litres Sprite
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp rock salt
- 6 pcs laurel leaves
- Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, sprite, garlic, baking soda, salt in a deep pot.
- Now soak the pork leg into the mixture, pierce the skin multiple time with knife to let the marinade seep through.
- Marinate for at least 24 hours turing to the other side after 12 hrs.
- Now using the same pot with eveything on it (marinade and pork), place in a stove top add the onions and laurel leaves and bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour.
- Let the meat cool for at least an hour, then place in a fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and massage pork leg with lots of salt (specially on the pierced skin) this helps the skin to be crunchy. Once slat is applied pour cooking oil on pork leg and spread evenly on the skin surface.
- Prepare to heat the oven at 220C.
- Place legs on roasting rack (with a tray below to catch the drippings) then fan bake for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 180 then continue to fan bake for 45 more minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl