Chicken Pastel or Pastel de Pollo in Spanish, is the Filipino version of the Chicken Pot Pie sans the pie, usually made out of chicken with a thick sauce
- 800g chicken thighs, deboned and diced
- 3 pcs large pork sausages, cooked and sliced (In Philippines we use Vienna Sausage)
- 2 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups farmers brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 400ml can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- white pepper
- chopped parsley
- In a pot fry bacon pieces in butter, once brown remove and set aside.
- Now add garlic and onions then saute for a minute, then remove and set aside
- Now add chicken pieces and quickly fry until brown on all sides, remove then set aside.
- Add flour and mix well until it forms a roux.
- Add chicken stock mix well until there are no more lumps, then add chicken, pork sausages, potato, carrots, mushrooms, fried bacon, fried garlic, fried onions and celery. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add milk bring to a boil and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley
aaay, I like! reminds me too of chicken ala king which I haven’t cooked for the longest time 🙂
Agghhh I am drooling over this at my desk. Especially the bacon and pork sausage and chicken part.
One of my most favorite chicken dish!
i have tried this recipe and it was a success! since then i have been trying other recipes too from this website..kung pao chicken and chinese braised beef..all success!
I will try this tomorrow. My husband really likes it. We will cook together :))
This looks so delicious. I’ve been looking for a good pot pie recipe and I’m definitely adding this to my recipe box. I like that it doesn’t have the crust, it’s very unique!
Amazing recipe, success irritate me today I’m going to make this dish
what kind of pork sausage would you recomend to use.fresh or precooked? thank you
Usually we use vienna sausages back in the Philippines but if thats not available the next best thing would be the precooked ones.
this has bin one of the most asked meals in our house.thank you
What kind of pork sausage, the chorizo Bilbao or Vienna sausage?
Vienna sausage or something similar.