Beef, Taro, Tomatoes and tropical vegetables cooked in savoury sour tamarind broth best served with rice and hot fish sauce dipper.
- 1 kg beef brisket or 1 1/2 kg beef ribs, cubed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 packet sinigang (tamarind) mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 pieces small taro
- 200 g okra medium sized, cut into two
- 1 packet spinach leaves
- fish sauce
- Place beef and onion in a pot, pour water in pot until the meat is barely covered bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the taro and chopped tomatoes, bring to a boil then simmer additional for 40 minutes.
- Add the sinigang mix and okra then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, season with pepper and fish sauce. Turn heat off then serve.