Chinks or Chicken Skin Chicharon is a type of Filipino street food prepared with rendered chicken skin and deep fried to crispy golden brown state.
- 1 kg Chicken Skin, sliced into roughly 3×3 inch squares
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup white cane vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a non stick pot, add chicken skin, salt, vinegar and pepper.
- Now pour enough water just enough to cover the chicken skin.
- Bring to a rapid boil and do not cover the pot, once the liquid have evaporated turn the heat to medium and let the skin extract its oil.
- Once oil comes out give it a light mix just to make sure that skin does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now fry the skin on its own oil until crispy.
- Drain, let it cool, serve and enjoy with ice cold beer