- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (adjust sweetness according to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thin slices of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion (don’t chop)
- In a sauce pan mix all ingredients together except for the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until the consistency is thick.
- Remove ginger and onion from the sauce, and then set aside.
- On a heavy pan, add a small amout of canola oil.
- Pan grill each chicken pieces, cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, slice into 1/3 inch pieces.
- Place on a bed of stir fried bean sprouts, then pour freshly cooked teriyaki sauce on top, drizzle some kewpie mayonnaise and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds then serve.