Sinigang na Isda sa Miso at Sampaloc is a Filipino soup dish made with fish cooked in a miso and tamarind broth together with a variety of tropical vegetables
- 1 kg Hapuka fish jaws or equivalent, chopped (let your fishmonger do this as the bones are a bit hard if you do it at home)
- 1 packet Tamarind Mix (Sinigang Mix)
- 3–4 tbsp yellow miso
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 pcs radish, sliced
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 15 pcs okra, sliced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 800ml water
- In a pot onions, tomatoes and radish then pour water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add fish, miso and tamarind mix, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add okra then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mustard leaves then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with Fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper