- 800g Stingray, Skinned, deboned and cubed
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- 2 large red capsicums, chopped and seeded
- 5 finger chillies, chopped with seeds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fish sauce
- In a pot place stingrays and pour water until it barely covers everything, add 1 tsp of salt. Bring this to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Using a colander, drain the stingrays. Set aside and let it cool.
- Once cooled down, flake the stingrays. It will be easy as stingrays flake easily.
- Now on a wok, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute onions until soft and cooked.
- Add garlic, ginger and chillies stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil then add the flaked stingrays, make sure that the coconut milk is evenly mixed with the fish flakes.
- Add the red capsicums, cover then simmer for 7 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.