Chicken and Garlic Sprouts Stir Fry
I like stir fried Chinese food they are a complete meal which means it has vegetables and meat and its quick and easy to prepare. I do a lot of freestyle cooking with different meats and vegetables specially when I feel that the vegetables accompany each other very well such as this dish, the colors are lovely and the flavours are matched to each other. I am not sure if this is exisitng in the Chinese cusine but this is my version.
400g Chicken Thigh meat, chopped
1 bunch garlic sprouts (around 18-20 dozen stalks), sliced into 2 inch pieces
1 large carrots, sliced
2 large red capsicums, sliced
2 cups brown mushroom, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger, minced
2 tbsp chinese wine
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl mix the chicken pieces, cornstarch, chinese wine and sesame oil.
- Prepare a wok and saute ginger and onion in peanut oil.
- Add chicken mixture and stir fry in high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic sprouts and mushroom and continue to stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the capsicum, carrots, salt (according to taste) and dash of pepper and continue to stir fry for additional 3 minutes. Add some water to give it some moisture.