Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce is a Chinese inspired dish prepared with tender beef stir fry with broccoli in a sweet savoury oyster sauce.
- 500 g beef tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 pcs shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- In a pot boil enough water to cook broccoli, add oil and pinch of salt.
- Once boiling add broccoli and quickly cook for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with running cold water to stop the cooking process, then set aside
- Mix beef with cornstarch, baking soda, 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine and salt mixture. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok in the highest heat possible, add oil then once smoking add beef and quickly stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the wok then set it aside.
- Using the same wok, add oil then saute garlic and shallots.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, remaining Chinese cooking wine and 3 tbsp water, bring to a boil
- Add the broccoli and beef, stir fry for 30 seconds then serve.