Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
A lot of people mistaken this for a Chinese food, even me have been fooled. Its only partly true as the original Chinese beef which is called “Beijing Beef” and it uses the Chinese broccoli (gai-lan) rather than the brocolli we know of. This dish is a revision so that it would suit the Western palate and more spcifically the American taste, thus making the dish American Chinese dish.
A vary easy to cook meal which would not take more than 10 minutes of your time.
500g beef tenderloin, cut in thin strips
1 head broccoli, cut in florets
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chinese wine
1 tsp cornstarch
4 cloves garlic, minced
freshly ground black pepper
1/8 cup water
- In a pot boil water with oil and pinch of salt.
- Once boiling add brocolli an quickly cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain then set aside
- Mix beef with cornstarch, 1/8 cup chinese wine and salt mixure. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok in high heat add oil and saute garlic.
- Add the beef and mushroom and quickly stir fry, still in high heat.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, chinese wine and water, bring to a boil
- Pour over brocolli.