Chocolate Dates and Raisin Peanut Butter Swirl Bread
I was given a big bag of dates after one of my colleagues made some Food for the Gods and bought dates in bulk as they are priced like the smaller packed ones. She did not know what to do with the excess and gave it to me, now I was in her place where I don’t know what to do with it as well. Freestyle baking is one of the things I need to improve on, it’s quite a skill to master, if your measurements are not right then failure is hard to adjust compared to normal cooking. Today I will be brave and see whether I will succeed on this one and my challenge is use most of the left-over ingredients I have on my pantry plus these dates.
After looking on what’s available on our drawer I decided to make some Chocolate Dates and Raisin Peanut Butter Swirl Bread, I guess the name sort of suggests where I am heading to. I was surprised of the outcome, I brought some to office and my wife did as well, both our colleagues loved it, I hope you do to after trying out this recipe
- In a large bowl sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and ground nutmeg. Set is aside.
- In a large mix bowl combine sugar, oil, milk, eggs and banana. Using a hand mixer mix it well to combine.
- Gently add the sifted flour, raisin and pitted dates, fold until well combined.
- Place in two loaf pans then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let it cool then serve.
By the way, we are also running a competition for a Thursday Opening Night Double Pass Tickets to Taste of Auckland 2017, please join below. For more information please visit this page.