Stir-Fried Cucumbers With Spicy Ground Pork
Cucumbers for most are eaten raw either on salads, in pickled form or even in sauces but do you know that the Chinese use it in stir fries? If not then give this recipe a shot, Stir-Fried Cucumbers with Spicy Ground Pork where cucumbers are exposed to high heat giving it a silky juicy smooth but with a bit of crisp texture, cooked with fatty minced pork and seasoned with a mild hints of soy sauce.
- 3 pcs cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 150 g lean pork mince
- 150 g fatty pork mince
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt
- peanut oil
- Place cucumbers in a large bowl and generously sprinkle salt all over it. Mix and toss then set aside for 15 minutes.
- Rinse cucumber in running cold water and remove excess salt, drain in a colander then set it aside.
- Prepare a large wok, heat peanut oil then sauté garlic and chilli flakes for 30 seconds then add the lean pork mince, fatty pork mince and a bit of salt. Stir fry until light brown in colour. Remove the pork from the wok then set aside. Wipe wok clean.
- In a small bowl mix all sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Place wok back into your stove, heat peanut oil in high heat until it smokes then add the cucumbers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork then stir fry for one more minute.
- Pour the sauce then stir fry until sauce thickens. Serve.