Bok Choy and Bacon in Tomato Sauce
I guess by now if you have been reading this blog for a while you know that I am always in a hunt for a good green leafy vegetable dish hence if there is an opportunity to try them out, I will, and I will cook them as soon as I saw it. Today I think I exhausted all the good vegetable recipes out there, and I don’t want to recycle my old vegetable recipes so for today we are creating one.
I just finished cooking some grilled pork, now I am looking for an idea on what to pair it with, so I opened the vegetable bin and saw this bunch of bok choy. Usually I will just blanch them in hot boiling water then serve it with a garlicky oyster sauce but today I am in the creative mood. I want something saucy since the grilled pork is dry so I cooked my bok choy with some chopped tomatoes which I have in the pantry, then flavoured it with bacon and anchovies which ended up in this creation, Bok Choy and Bacon in Tomato Sauce.
- In a wok add oil then cook bacon until golden brown and crispy. Remove the bacon then set aside.
- Using the same wok, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, bagoong monamon, dried basil and dried oregano, bring it to a boil then simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped bok choy bring back to a boil then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Bring back the bacon then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper then serve.