Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken Wings
Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken Wings are deep fried chicken wingettes and drumettes seasoned with chillies and garlic. Those who likes hot and spicy fired chicken would love this recipe, once done right it is the perfect combination of crunch and juicy tender wings. It goes well as an appetizer, with beer or just snack on it on its own, I don’t want to tell you how it tastes like I will leave it up to you to try and let me know what do you remember when you munch on this.
Do you have a guess?
- 1 kg chicken wings (wing section and drumettes)
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients then marinate chicken in this mixture overnight.
- In a bowl combine beaten eggs and cornstarch, mix well until even in texture
- In a large container that you can cover combine flour, bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside.
- Dip marinated wings into the cornstarch mixture, making sure chicken is coated evenly
- Place chicken into the container with flour mixture, do not over crowd. Cover the container then shake to coat the chicken evenly. Do it with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Prepare a deep fryer, set it to 180C. Deep fry chicken wings for 10-12 minutes or until cooked and crispy. Remove from fryer and drain excess oil before serving.