Tinolang Shell Fish
There no seafood that can represent the flavour or the ocean than this two shellfish., the clams and mussels. This two seafood are a key ingredient in any seafood dishes like soups and stews as they give so much flavour. to the dish. Today we are making it on its simplest form to get the most flavour out of it without masking its real taste, just a simple sauté of garlic, onions and ginger and some water is all you need.
- 500 g mussels, cleaned
- 500 g clams, cleaned
- 1 thumb sized ginger, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chilli leaves
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- fish sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- In a pot sauté garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add mussels and clams then pour 5 cups of boiling water, bring to a rolling boil then simmer covered.
- Once shells are opened add the chilli and spinach leaves.
- Simmer for two more minutes then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.