Crispy Pritong Baboy
Yeah I admit sometimes I am lazy to make a proper meal and like most Filipino’s out there we have this as a solution, Pritong Baboy. This dish is so easy to prepare all you need is a fatty pork belly, salt and freshly ground black pepper for its most basic iteration, it is then paired with a spicy vinegar dip all you need is just a freshly cooked rice.
This is such a comfort meal to most of my fellow countrymen hence I guess this is one of the most cooked dish back in our country, it’s a staple due to its quick and easy preparation and it’s so versatile as it can be served on its own or what’s even better if this is served with any vegetable dishes like munggo, dinengdeng or even pinakbet. And be warned like most fried food this is also highly addictive.
- 1 kg fatty pork belly, cubed
- 3 tbsp white cane vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, pounded
- oil, for frying
- In a large non-reactive bowl combine all ingredients apart from the oil. Mix well and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain pork removing any excess liquid, set aside.
- Place wok on stove top over medium heat, add oil enough for frying. Gently place pork pieces then cook in medium-low heat covered occasionally turning for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with a spiced vinegar mix.