Yellow Cab’s Charlie Chan Pasta
A lot of people said that this is the best pasta on Yellow Cab’s menu, I can’t agree more as it really is delicious at the same time interesting just imagine a pasta cooked the Asian way, it’s a real fusion. I know Yellow Cab pizza, but I never had tried this, luckily I have two Filipino colleagues in where I work that suggests recipes to make at the same time taste test them so I know whether I got it correct or not based on their description.
The first time I heard this from them I was quite skeptical because how can someone stir fry a spaghetti? But after I tried it I was hooked just think of it as an Asian noodle but a bit Al Dente the only difference with a pasta instead of it being saucy it is more like and Aglio Olio, dry but full of flavour.
Using pasta as an Asian noodle is a brilliant idea and I think this fusion can go a long way, in fact I already had a lot of recipes building in my mind now so watch this space.
- 500 g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 whole chicken breast, cubed
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms,
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 cup boiling water
- spring onions, chopped
- peanut oil
- Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from water then thinly slice them then set it aside, reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients together
- In a wok add peanut oil then sauté onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms then stir fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add in the cooked pasta in the wok, stir fry for a minute.
- Pour sauce add the peanuts, mix well then continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes. If it’s to dry add a bit of the mushroom water.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions then serve.