Jelly slice is a type of dessert commonly found in New Zealand and Australia where it is prepared with three layers consisting of a base of biscuits, a filling made out of custard or cream then topped with a layer of jelly. The first time I had this I had tried the cream version and my first impression was this dessert was a lazy way to make no bake cheesecakes as they have nearly similar base and filling but just greatly differ on the toppings where instead of fruits, jelly was used in replacement.
Usually prepared during the holiday season this treat is popular with kids and for the young at heart and while we are still 4 months away from Christmas there’s nothing stopping me in making one hence our post today. If you know how to make non baked cheesecakes this is even easier to make so what are you waiting for start gathering your ingredients and make one at home now.
- 125 grams digestive biscuits or graham crackers, crushed
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 125 grams cooking chocolates, melted
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 tbsp clear gelatine
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted
- 400 g condensed milk
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 85 g strawberry flavoured jelly
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a bowl combine all base ingredients and mix well.
- Prepare and lightly grease a 11 x 7 in (or equivalent) baking dish, put mixed base ingredients and press to flatten base.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine together gelatine and boiling water, mix well until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- In a stand mixer add cream cheese and condensed milk, beat until combined. Add lemon juice, melted white chocolate and gelatine mixture, mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the prepared base, let it set for an hour in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl combine together jelly and boiling water, mix well until the jelly is completely dissolved. Let it cool for a bit then pour on top of set cream cheese mixture. Put it back in the refrigerator and let it set for 3 hours before serving.