One of the easiest mixed seafood dish to prepare is this Seafood Teppanyaki, made out of mixed seafood like fish, squid, scallops, mussels, clams and any seafood you can think of, it is just seasoned with salt then pan grilled. The flavour from the seafood is enough to bring the flavour of the dish add to that the Yum Yum sauce and other gentle sauces it comes with then this becomes heaven in a bowl.
Like other teppanyaki dishes it is required to be prepared using a teppan but if you don’t have it a thick skillet or a barbecue flat grill would work as long as it’s made out of a thick iron. A heavy duty flat cooking vessel is needed to give a charring effect on the seafood while cooking it at the quickest time possible giving it a different depth in flavour.
Once the seafood is cooked it can be either enjoyed on its own or with rice, it can be served a with an array of sauces though this can be omitted I suggest to retain the Yum Yum sauce as its creamy, tangy sweet taste perfectly matches the whole dish.
- 150 g piece white fish fillet, cubed
- 150 g piece salmon fillet, cubed
- 1 large squid, cleaned and sliced
- 12 pcs scallops, off the shell
- 12 pcs mussels
- 3 pcs shiitake, halved
- 4 pcs spring onions, chopped
- Japanese sesame sauce, for serving
- Ponzu sauce, for serving
- Yum Yum sauce, for serving
- crumbled nori, for serve
- 1 cup Japanese soy sauce
- ½ cup sake
- 100 ml mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 pcs thinly sliced ginger
- Combine all ingredients then set aside.
- Heat up a barbecue plate or a large skillet.
- Toss together squid, scallops, white fish, salmon, shiitake and spring onions in oil then set aside.
- Cook the shiitake and spring onions turning once then set aside.
- Add the seafood, in small batches if necessary and cook turning only once. Set it aside.
- Add the mussels cook until it opens, discard shells leaving the mussels and its juices in the skillet. Toss the cooked seafood, mushrooms and spring onions.
- Season with salt then top it on freshly cooked jasmine rice. Serve or top rice dish with Japanese sesame sauce, Ponzu sauce, Yum Yum sauce and crumbled nori. Serve with dipping sauce.