Sugar and Spice Salmon
Since we had our office event at Sachie’s Kitchen I started to follow some of Sachie Nomura recipes as most of them are easy and simple to prepare plus they are delicious. One of her first recipes I tried apart from the one they demo at their cooking school is this Sugar and Spice Salmon.
Sugar and Spice Salmon is a dish of lightly coated flash fried salmon served with quickly pickled capsicums on a sweet sour savoury sauce made out of sake, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. It’s a very delicate dish with fresh tasting notes, perfect with a bowl of rice served on a hot summer day. I did not mind changing the recipe as it is already perfect as it is so the one below is the original recipe from Sachie, try it trust me you will love it.
- 250 g salmon loin
- ⅓ cup flour
- In a small bowl, mix all the Marinade sauce ingredients. Set aside
- Cover salmon with flour and shake excess flour off
- Heat oil to 170 - 180 degrees in deep frying pan
- Place the salmon in the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Drain the excess oil and place the salmon into the sauce bowl and cover the salmon with vegetable
- Place the bowl in a fridge and marinate over night
- Serve the salmon and vegetable in a bowl or on top of soup spoons for canapes / finger foods