Parmesan Garlic Fried Chicken
Thinking of another way to spice up your chicken wings and have tried all sorts of popular options like buffalo wings, honey soy chicken and sweet chilli wings? Why not try our recipe for the Parmesan Garlic Fried Chicken, it’s really good with an ice cold beer on the side to wash down all that goodness.
Parmesan Garlic Fried Chicken are deep fried chicken wings coated with a crispy garlic crust tossed in garlic and Parmesan cheese infused butter then topped with more grated Parmesan cheese, its pungent, its crispy but juicy inside, its garlicky, mildly hot and its deep fried, what else can go wrong.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine together beaten eggs, garlic and chicken wings, set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine together all flour coating ingredients.
- Prepare a deep fryer or wok filled with oil, heat oil to 180C.
- Dip each win into the flour mixture then gently place it on the hot oil, do it with the remaining wings then deep fry for 8-10 minutes depending on how big the chicken wings are. Remove from oil then drain in paper towel lined plate.
- In sauce pan melt butter then mix in the garlic powder and parmesan cheese, mix well then pour into a large bowl. Toss in the fried chicken wings in this mixture then place on a serving platter garnished with more parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve.