Garlic Kale Chips
I was given a large amount of kale and had used them in lots of different recipes. Since there are still a few left overs, I made them into chips. Large amount of this vegetables is nothing as they are easily consumed like your normal potato chips.
I’ve only seen this online and heard it from colleagues that it was served to them as snacks in their school days. According to my wife, this is very similar to how they did in “saluyot” or jute leaves chips in their Home Economics subject during her school days too. Now where was I during all this time? I never heard all about this until now. Usually Kale chips is just seasoned with salt but to add more flavour, I used garlic salt instead of the normal salt.
This chips is very easy to prepare, just season it, chuck it in the oven and you’re only 15 minutes away from a crisp healthy snack.
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- Place kale in a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil on to then season it with sea salt.
- Place kale in a 175C pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges turn slightly brown.
- Remove from oven, let it cool to crisp then serve.