Chicken Liver, Gizzard and Quail Eggs with Green Peas
When I was young I remember I love eating chicken gizzard, for me the texture is quite interesting which makes me want to nibble them endlessly. I also remember when my mom or aunt buys a full dressed chicken I always look for that small plastic inside the cavity that holds these two offal the liver and gizzard. I always tell my mom to reserve the gizzard for me for me, my sister does the same but she likes the liver instead.
Like chicken this can be cooked in many ways but for us before we just add them in pancit, tinola and adobo but if you just want this part without any chicken at all then this dish is definitely for you.
- 500 g chicken gizzard, cut into bite-size pieces
- 300 g chicken liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 15 pcs hard boiled quail eggs
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add 1½ cups water and gizzard, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- In a skillet add oil then sauté garlic and onions, add the gizzard and liver then brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken stock, carrot and frozen green peas bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add quail eggs and cream simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.