Microwave Christmas Puddings
almond meal + baking powder + eggs + butter + double cream + red currants + raspberries + blueberries + dark chocolate + unsweetened cocoa powder + walnuts + mixed spice + brandy + sugar of choice
A quick take on the traditional Christmas pudding without the carbs and with very little effort. Can be made as one whole pudding or we used 4 x 1 cup moulds. Can be made ahead and reheated. We have served this pudding with the microwave brandy custard (see index). This will add 3g of carbs per serve.
- 100g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) double cream
- 30g dark chocolate, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon (20g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (8g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) brandy
- 1 teaspoon (2g) mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute of choice or xylitol (16g)
- 40g chopped walnuts
- 60g red currants, fresh or frozen
- 60g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 80g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a microwave proof bowl, cool, then add the eggs, the cream and the brandy.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add to the mix.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and the fruit. If using frozen fruit, completely thaw first and discard the liquid.
- Pour into the mould(s) and microwave on level 6 for about 5 minutes.
- Turn out upside down to serve.
By the way before you leave do you know that Ang Sarap and “carbs by numbers” is giving away 2 books which contains the recipe book “carbs by numbers – low carb recipe options – Christmas”. Competition is open for 2 weeks and we accept entries worldwide, just fill in your details on this competition page to join.
What are you waiting for, join now to win this amazing low carb recipe book!