Bok Choy, Shrimp and Salmon Stir Fry
Bok Choy, Shrimp and Salmon Stir Fry is one of my favourite freestyle stir fries, it’s a simple dish made out of Bok Choy, Shrimp and Salmon. I guess you know why as I’ve been boldly sharing my love for seafood. Definitely this is one of the tastiest stir fries out there, the seafood goodness, the earthy shiitake and the sweet salty sauce this definitely calls for a good serving of rice.
Another good quality of this dish is that it cooks really quickly because it uses seafood having said that this dish definitely nutritious and healthy. A dish that is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium thanks to the salmon, it is also a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and possess certain anti-cancer properties from the bok choy and shiitake. So are you convinced yet? This I guess proves healthy food don’t need to taste like hospital food.
By the way before you head over to the recipe do you know that Ang Sarap and Tuttle Publishing is giving away 2 books which contains this recipe book Easy Chinese Recipes plus your choice of one books (worth US$25.00 and below) from the Tuttle Publishing range Competition is open for 2 weeks and we accept entries worldwide, just fill in your details on this competition page to join.
What are you waiting for, join now to win this amazing recipe book plus a book of your choice!
- 2 large bunches bok choy, trimmed
- 250g salmon fillet, cubed
- 200g prawns, shelled
- 6 pcs dried shiitake
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp water used from rehydrating shiitake
- 1 tsp sugar
- Rehydrate shiitake in 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes until soft, keep the liquid.
- Slice rehydrated shiitake then set aside.
- Heat wok, add oil then once oil is smoking and wok is really hot stir fry salmon and prawns for 30 - 45 seconds or until cooked. Remove seafood from wok then set aside.
- Add more oil if needed then sauté garlic and ginger.
- Add the shiitake and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the bok choy and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and pour into the wok together with the cooked seafood, stir fry for one more minute.
- Season with ground white pepper and salt.