Garlic Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Spinach Curry
Sometime spur of the moments like this makes you creative, thinking of preparing something out of what you only have. Sometimes it turns out bad, so bad it can’t be shared here but most of the time it turns out really good like this dish.
The ingredients you see here are the few last items I saw our fridge, the time I made this is we are preparing for a long holiday and were clearing what’s perishable. There are few odds bits and pieces but I guess the ones here on our recipe are the best ones to mix together and make an amazing dish.
Squash, spinach, garlic spouts and some pork in coconut cream sauce is the result, a creamy savoury curry you can pair with freshly steamed rice.
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 bunch garlic sprouts (roughly 12-15 stalks), sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 packet of spinach
- 200 g pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 pcs shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then brown pork pieces, remove pork then set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add butternut squash and chillies then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and pork, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic spouts then simmer for 5 more minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add the coconut cream then bring to a boil.
- Add the spinach, stir to combine then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.