Broccoli and Shiitake in Oyster Garlic Sauce
Sometimes there are days you want to go meat free but you still need some chunkiness in your dinner well this is a quick solution for you, a dish really simple and easy to prepare the Broccoli and Shiitake in Oyster Sauce.
Broccoli and Shiitake in Oyster Sauce is a dish made out of Broccoli and Shiitake quickly stir fried in a sweet savoury Oyster Sauce infused with garlic, it can be enjoyed on its own, with rice or even as a side dish with some meats. It’s one of those easy dishes to make and it does not take more than 15 minutes to prepare this up, so next time you crave for some vegetables do yourself a favour and make this dish.
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated in 1½ cup hot water
- 3 tbspoyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ground white pepper
- 1 jug of boiling hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- Place broccoli florets in a heat proof container then pour hot boiling water and salt. Cover for 2 minutes then drain and rinse in running cold tap water. Set this aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add shiitake mushrooms then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Combine 3 tbsp of water you use for rehydrating mushrooms, oyster sauce and sugar. Pour mixture into the wok then quickly add the broccoli. Let the liquid boil then quickly stir fry in really high heat for a minute.
- Season with ground white pepper then serve.