Zucchini, Banana, Chocolate Bread
One weekend I was given some zucchinis or what we call in New Zealand courgettes, I had some frozen bananas, a few packets of leftover chocolate chips in the pantry and muffin wraps from my FoodieBox. I then decided to combine all of them together to make some muffins I never made before. This post is more of an experiment but partly I would know how it would turn up as I will be basing this recipe from my zucchini bread and banana cake which both proved to be very moist. From there I would add some cocoa and some chocolate chips to give that flavour everybody wants.
The result was amazing, it was moist, fluffy and chocolaty with hints of banana definitely this will be repeated a lot of times at home.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium sized over ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded and patted dry
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon and salt.
- Using a hand mixer mix together vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and over ripe bananas in a large bowl. Mix until consistency is even, smooth and well combined. Add the zucchini and mix well.
- Gently fold the sifted flour and cocoa until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour in muffin wraps lined muffin tray then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean but a bit moist.