Seafood Fried Rice
Seafood Fried Rice is one of those dishes that we serve when we need something quick and easy, especially when you have the right ingredients in the freezer. Of all the fried rice variants this one perhaps is my personal favourite due to the fact that it is made out of seafood. An all in one dish that that definitely would satisfy every seafood lovers taste buds.
For our recipe today we will be using what I have currently on the freezer, some prawns, squid and crab balls but in reality you can use what ever seafood you wish like me sometimes I chuck in some crab sticks, fleshy firm fish, scallops and sometimes clam meat. How about you what is your favourite fried rice?
- 5 - 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 large eggs
- 15 pcs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 squid tubes, sliced
- 1 dozen crab balls, sliced (this is like fish balls and squid balls just made with crabs)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup spring onions, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- fish sauce
- Add oil in a wok until the surface is completely covered.
- Add prawns and stir fry until cooked, remove prawns then set aside
- Add squid then stir fry until cooked, remove squid then set aside
- Add crab balls and stir fry until cooked.
- Add rice, corn and green peas then stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Place rice on the side of the wok and pour in eggs, scramble and mix thoroughly.
- Once eggs are cooked mix it with the rice then add the cooked prawns, squid, sesame oil and spring onions.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.