Curry is one of the best dishes you will ever have especially if you love the rich flavours from different mix of spices, just imagine mixing that with different types of seafood it will surely be an explosion of different flavours in every bite. If you follow this blog regularly then I guess you already noticed that I love seafood a lot and will not turn down any seafood dish that is served in front of me.
Seafood Curry unlike beef or lamb curry is quite easy to prepare, no need to marinate the meat and it cooks really quick, the flavours are also amazing as the seafood taste blends well with the creamy coconut milk and the spices this dish uses. There are no set seafood to use in this recipe and you can use any of your favourites but for today we will use some monk fish fillet, prawns, scallops and squid.
Cooking this dish will emit a lot of aroma but not all will agree that they smell amazing as I have some first-hand account of this happening to me. On the day I made this I had some leftovers and brought it for lunch, I placed it on the microwave and waited for it to heat up. While it’s slowly warming I sat down waiting and enjoyed the aroma slowly emitting from the microwave, some colleagues passed by our pantry and loved the smell but some did not. Well that was embarrassing as I saw their face in disgust as they walk down the corridor, I told myself not to bring something like this anymore for lunch until I realized that I can fix this with fragrances like some air freshener to neutralize the odour and make it pleasant for others. So that’s what I will try to do next time and see whether it will work.
Now you might face the similar scenario hence we are giving away some gift packs courtesy of Air Wick, so like before if you reside in New Zealand or Australia you can enter this competition by indicating your details through this page. What are you waiting for, before heading over to the recipe Join Now!
- 500 g monk fish, cut into cubes
- 300 g medium-sized shrimps, deveined
- 2 squid tubes, sliced
- 15 pcs scallops
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml coconut cream
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 pcs dried chillies
- 1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
- ½ thumb sized ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- In a heavy non-stick pan sear the fish, scallops and shrimps separately placing each on a plate once finished.
- Blend together onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and 2 tbsp oil in a blender, once it forms a smooth paste remove from blender then set aside.
- Using the same pan add a small amount of oil then the blended paste on step 1, stir until fragrant.
- Add the mustard seeds, turmeric and cardamom then stir fry for 1 minute.
- Now add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced half its amount.
- Add the coconut cream, squid, fish, scallops and shrimps bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice and honey. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.