Mexican Chopped Salad
If you like Mexican food and salad then this Mexican Chopped Salad recipe is for you, a great salad infused with loads of Mexican goodness. A simple salad that is made out of lettuce, radish, corn, red bell peppers, feta and kidney beans dressed with Honey Lime dressing.
I cannot say lots about this recipe as I only saw this on a magazine ages ago, after I saw it I then immediately thought of making it a home as my wife loves Mexican food and salads. I always remember way back in the Philippines when we have those midnight food cravings she always decide to go to a Mexican food chains to have burritos or tacos, luckily we have two establishments near our place that closes really late at night.
A very nice side salad if Mexican style grilled meats or even with Tacos, add some Margherita then you have a party.
- half head large lettuce
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3 pcs radish, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño pepper
- Combine and mix well dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl then pour dressing over.