Beef and Asian Greens Stir Fry
This Stir Fried Beef and Asian Greens is one of those I hated before but really love now, it has three different Asian Greens namely bok choy, gai lan and choy sum. These vegetables are then mixed with tender beef slices and oyster sauce.
I think as everyone grows old their palate changes as I never loved green leafy vegetables when I was younger but today I love it and sometimes it’s hard to live without it, sometimes it is a must have on every meal that we have. You might even notice that in this blog since we are posting more vegetable recipes now, this is because I am in the hunt for really good ones and add to the list of ever-growing recipes here at Ang Sarap.
So do you have a really good vegetable recipe that you can share?
- 300g tenderloin steak, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
- 1 bunch kailan, trimmed
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients together then add the sliced tenderloin steak, mix well so it is evenly coated.
- Prepare a wok and put in really high heat, once wok is smoking add a small amount of oil then once oil is hot add beef in batches and cook for a maximum of 4 minutes while stir frying. Set beef aside.
- Add oil again then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add beef, vegetables, water and oyster sauce, stir fry for a minute or until vegetables are just wilted. Turn heat off then serve.